You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 2:47pm

Demonologist Event - guide for levels 2 to 5

WHY

WHO
Every player will have 1 of 3 possible roles.

Fighter
  • Level 5 – level 4s can be Fighters too but generally they’re more hesitant to get the experience, can’t get the extra belt slots or helmet (except MO helmets can be used from level 4), their scrolls are weaker and they can’t get the same blessings
  • Elite Warrior rank so they can get the extra belt slots
  • Minimum full green set but often blue, some people might get purple pieces like MO helmets and pauldrons
  • Jewellery (rings and amulets) including those from the butcher and trade fair
  • Buffed up like crazy – eg with Kmarsha Ole, Strength of Dragon Elixir, Elixir of Wind/Amulet of Destruction/Scroll of Rockskin, red elixirs from the trade fair, Apotrope for hex protection and if they have grey Underground Knights then Fatty Salve for protection from ball and chains.
  • If they have started Bringers of Evil reputation, bring hexes for Human Fighters and get brainstorm liqueur or black dragonfrom there too
  • If they have started Brotherhood of Virtue reputation, get a soup buff
  • Bring a giant and (aside from any buff in your belt) the rest should be heals – don’t rely solely on scrolls as Humans may use scrolls of purification on you, so make sure you have elixirs of life as well; all of these should be either purple or red, don’t bother with anything else
  • Elixirs of Valour are also a good idea, but they won’t affect whether Magmars win or lose

Support
These people join a little later (see Strategy section). They should:
  • Be at least level 3 because most scrolls can’t be used until then
  • Have at least 5 pieces of green armour
  • Have at least a couple of buffs – eg Darshana/Loka-Sangrakha/Paramartkha, Blessing of the Elder, Blessing of the Warlord

They will bring one or more of the following depending on the Strategy:
  • Scrolls of healing to heal not only themselves but also Fighters – use either blue, purple, rare (purple, from graveyard lights and capture the contraband events as well as stashes in various places) or red (absolute) scrolls depending on how much HP you have. Be warned, using heals on other players will give you a little xp. Those with blue Underground Knights badge use red (UK) scrolls.
  • Scrolls of poison to use on Human Fighters – level 3/4 use grey, level 5 use green, both use rare (purple) from Failed Experiment event; don’t bother poisoning someone who still has the demonologist buff healing them
  • Scrolls of purification to stop Human Fighters using heal scrolls – level 4/5 use green, level 3+ with green Underground Knightsbadge use red
  • Scrolls of antidote to stop Humans from poisoning Magmar Fighters – level 4/5 use green, level 3+ with green Underground Knightsbadge use red
  • Powders of retribution to make Human Fighters inflict some of their damage on themselves
  • Powders of weakness to make Human Fighters inflict less damage
  • Scrolls of resurrection for Fighters – level 3/4 use grey, level 5 use green (NOT amulets of resurrection, they can only be used after the fight is finished). Be warned, ressing other players will give you a little xp.
  • Like Fighters, hexes are also handy if you can get them (level 5+, and you don’t have to join the fight to use it)

Make sure that you help Magmars who are strong Fighters, and attack Humans who are strong Fighters, otherwise you’re wasting the scroll. Check their profile to see their armour and effects, and click on their name in the fight list once you’re in the battle to see what buffs they have before using your scroll. If in doubt, ask an experienced player before joining the fight and before using your scrolls.

Freeloader
  • You don’t bring heals, poisons, puris, antidotes or res, you don’t take buffs, you have grey armour
  • You bring heals only for yourself, do your little bit of damage, then die, and may even think you’re doing a good job – but you’re NOT, you’re just taking up valuable space that properly prepared Magmars could be using
  • Nobody likes you (unless you count Humans, they probably love you)
  • Don’t be surprised if people don’t treat you too nicely afterwards

STRATEGY

When to Join
The first 10 players of each race get a buff from the demonologist. Let Fighters get in first to get the buff.

After 10 players of each race are in, it becomes a Great Battle, which has limitations on who is able to join the fight. In short, when there are lots of Magmars, no more Magmars can join. If another Human joins, another Magmar can join. Vice versa if there are lots of Humans. Any summons or mounts you call will instantly die. Read up on Great Battle guidelines here and at sites. google. com/site/info4wod/reputations/battles/great-battles

After the first 10 magmars have joined:
  • If it looks like the humans are going to win:
  • Fighters join as soon as you’re able
  • Support, ONLY join if Magmar Fighters request res/heal/antidote or if they ask you to use poison/purification on Human Fighters (ask before you join)
  • Otherwise, if humans are locked out of the fight due to great battle weighting:
  • DO NOT JOIN
  • Otherwise:
  • Fighters join first
  • Support only join if there are no other fighters trying to get into the fight

This is a guide but it always depends on circumstances, so if in doubt, ask an experienced player.

What Support Should Bring
If you’re joining early-ish in the battle, bring whatever you like from the list of recommended items. Poisons and heals are most popular.

If there are only a couple of Magmar Fighters left, focus on resurrection, heals and antidotes.

If there are only a couple of Humans left or there are some standout Human Fighters, focus on poisons, purifications and retribution powders..

You can only put scrolls in your slots before joining, so it’s a good idea to ask people already in the fight what’s needed and who to use it on before you equip your scrolls and join.

When to Stall and When to Hit
If you’re one of the few remaining Magmars before the Humans are about to win and you’re hoping for some Magmar reinforcements, stall.

Otherwise, Fighters never stall, and for Support:
  • Never use your super-combo on the demonologist, because you can’t inflict any damage on him, so that means even the combo that heals you will have no effect. You can skip 3 shots before timing out, so if your super-combo is ready, just don’t hit, and use it on the next Human you see.
  • DO use the demonologist to set up your superblow ready for a human– he won’t take any damage but you’ll be one step further along in your combo.
  • Never stall on Human Fighters, especially those who have Kmarsha-Ole blessing or purple MO armour which heals them over time. The exception is when they’re on very low hit points and are being poisoned more than they’re healing.
  • Always stall on the demonologist. All he does is deal out damage but never takes any, so the less turns he has the better.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sequana" (Jun 29th 2020, 11:30am)

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 3:17pm

Great Guide T. This has been needed for a long time. All magmars take note please!
Hitman Z

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 3:34pm

I'd just say that level 5 players without life restoring buffs, protection from hex, fatty salve and belts are completely utterly useless lumps of meat in the event.

Friday, February 25th 2011, 2:17am

Fairy,
Really? Once you are in the fight, protection from hex and fatty salve are worthless. Now, Kmarsha and 8 slots are very good things to have, but are not absolutely mandatory. I took top damage in the demon event several times with only 6 or 7 slots before I got EW. Several of those times, I didn't even have Kmarsha, but I had every other blessing under the sun.

L5s without Kmarsha and 8 slots can play a very good part in this fight. That part would likely be best suited as a support person given the folks who show up to demons well prepared these days. A L5 can bring Rare poisons, green Rez scroll (for the well prepared L5s) and green poisons/heals that lower levels can't bring. The point is, they still need to communicate with the folks who are in the fight to make sure they bring the right stuff and join at the right time.

Great guide La T!!! :o)

Friday, February 25th 2011, 3:10am

Quoted from "Fairy Tale;64695"

I'd just say that level 5 players without life restoring buffs, protection from hex, fatty salve and belts are completely utterly useless lumps of meat in the event.

So, is that mean i am useless in that event, because i dont have the extra slots yet? well, you might check who had the most damage in the last few events and think about it again :smile:

Friday, February 25th 2011, 3:13am

Otherwise, if humans are locked out of the fight due to great battle weighting:
DO NOT JOIN

well.....some of our race should put that big up on their screen...even a big STOP JOINING! in chat dont make them stop....so we lost a few battles after having the humans close to defeat.

Friday, February 25th 2011, 3:39am

great guide.... well done :smile: hopefully helps mags win more

Friday, February 25th 2011, 3:47am

Very nice job.....I hope lots of players read this and follow...but always noobs in there that simply don't want to folow instructions.
My, oh my, oh my, How nice you're looking today:beeee:

Friday, February 25th 2011, 4:31am

I think it would be good leading up to the events if some folks flooded the link to this guide in local chats, we need to get others to read the forums.

Friday, February 25th 2011, 10:11am

Quoted from "DiabolusNZ;64947"

So, is that mean i am useless in that event, because i dont have the extra slots yet?

By that you mean that you do not have any belts at all? If you re-read my post you will see that I wrote "belts", not "EW belts" :)

Kmarsha is 2180 extra hp and I see no reason why would someone say it is okay to go without it. With kmarsha you last longer, do more damage, kill more humans, help more. No matter how much damage you deal with life restoration you can do better (unless you run out of humans) :smile:

And a well prepared team of humans with life restoring blessings will beat a well prepared team of magmars without them - it has been seen many times...

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 12:41pm

http://warofdragons.com/fight_info.php?f…7&page=0&stat=0

I see only one well prepared EW for the event: Drunken_Girl:

Quoted

EffectsDrunken_Girl

List of effects
Name Duration:
Kmarsha-Ole 1h 53min
Amulet of Destruction 1h 48min (green)
Blessing of the Elder 35min
Blessing of the Warlord 1h 35min
Rage of Vertsida 1h 35min
Zigred Metamorphosis Elixir 2h 29min
Gift of Insight 1d 5h 7min

Among level 5 players except her only DiabolusNZ seems prepared:

Quoted

EffectsDiabolusNZ

List of effects
Name Duration:
Rage of Vertsida 1h 54min
Bone Dragon Metamorphosis Elixir 2h 54min
Kmarsha-Ole 1h 52min
Gift of Insight 1d 17h 26min
Elixir of Destruction 1h 54min

That's all - 2 characters prepared for the event only:smile:

P.S. don't you think it is funny that a green lvl 2 novice can deal 2125 damage while most of magmar level 5 EW fail to reach that number?:smile:

Monday, March 21st 2011, 3:26am

Back to the top!!

Monday, August 1st 2011, 5:16pm

These situations are all variable. How much you run your mouth should depend on the situation. If a tough human team joins and you see people using blue giants with little buffs then by all means complain. But when magmars start the fight +67 and the maximal strength advantage is +6 do me a favor and shut the hell up. I dont like seeing you flood location and harass players for instances like today. Its insulting and demeaning to players. That just shows your character as a person. You may be a player with no life that can spend so much time on a video game and spend your hard earned money on a video game but not every one can and they don't deserve to be treated like crap for that. You can disagree with how well they prepare but treat them with respect, and yes when you don't do that I will have a bad attitude toward you.
"Once you learn to remain calm and focused during the chaos of a real fight, you will be able to remain calm and focused when faced with any of life's challenges." - Helio Gracie

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 1:13am

good guide! all of the useful info's in here ) good job!

Friday, September 30th 2011, 8:30am

Why is it that all events are being taken over by valor oriented players and if you do not feel to "buff-up", get blessings, have poison or res scrolls you get treated like dirt? And you are considered a "waste of gb space" ?Since when has these events become "members-only" Members of valor-seeking people who do not have the consideration to help each other in need, because they do not wish to get experience points. The object is to win I get that....TO ALL of those valor players...if it were NOT for us non-buffed players many gb battles may not even take place. Keep that in mind the next time you go into battle.

Friday, September 30th 2011, 8:44am

Quoted from "otto42;112859"

you get treated like dirt? And you are considered a "waste of gb space" ?

Imagine: you and your party spend let us say 10g each for demo event buffs, that's 50g in total for the party. There are 2-3 parties buffed like that, that's 100-150g, now those parties fight hard for 2 or more hours against equally buffed humans, some get stunned and die full, breaking belts which have low durability and are expensive to repair, the humans have advantage in GB and cannot enter anymore and the magmars are winning. Now imagine a non-buffed level 10 "NOT for us non-buffed players many gb battles may not even take place" magmar joins and lets a bunch of buffed humans come in. Humans win, magmars lose.

Question is: how would you treat someone who has intentionally caued you a loss of money? In other words, in that situation the last joining magmar treats everyone else like dirt.

Are you willing to pay 20g a week for nothing because someone "can't afford buffs" as well as decency and respect to stay away from demo?

That's just my opinion, in fact I don't care much.

Friday, September 30th 2011, 9:06am

No one is twisting the arms these valor players for them to spend that money...if they lose that money their loss...like i said how many of those gb events would take place at all if it were not for the non valor players to join? Not very many in fact. If they are willing to use that money like that fine dont get mad at us non-valor players if it is wasted. PERIOD end of discussion.

Friday, September 30th 2011, 9:06am

Quoted

Why is it that all events are being taken over by valor oriented players and if you do not feel to "buff-up", get blessings, have poison or res scrolls you get treated like dirt? And you are considered a "waste of gb space" ?

The answer is very simple, if you get into an event fight , without buffs or without any means of supporting the players that do have buffs, you are helping the humans more then your own side. What happens in a war to those that help the enemy?

No one is asking that everyone who joins an event GB be ubber buffed, obviously not everybody can afford that. But is a ressurection scroll, some healing scrolls and/or puri/anti for the people who did spend a lot of gold on buffs to much to ask? If the answer is "yes" it means that you only came to that event to leech , without giving a crap on the outcome and as such the "dirt" treatment is well deserved.

P.S. I'm only talking about demo event or other admin announced events where the outcome of the fight is quite important, not random GBs.

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 7:55pm

Exactly...many of those would not be GB's either.

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 8:52pm

Coming to demon fight with no blessings and no supporting stuff like rez and heals for players who care, is like going into combat in a wheelchair with pom poms, you are there for moral support, but really just cripple your own team and give the humans a large weekness to exploit. Even if it's doesn't turn into a GB, there is still the reward for the fight which matters most. The valor and GB rep is just icing on the cake.